For teachers of Ukrainian
Although the resources on this site are intended primarily for independent study, they may be used to introduce a number of grammar points in class (see the notes accompanying each topic) and to supplement class materials at beginners level (A1/A2).
The slide shows have animations, enabling teachers to use them in various ways:
- presentation and/or revision of vocabulary, by clicking on the illustration only and asking students to name or guess the word for the item in the illustration;
- reading practice for beginners (in each set of slides, the illustration is followed by a Ukrainian word or phrase);
- translation practice (English translations of the texts are given either as part of the animations or in the accompanying notes);
- listening practice (one version of the slide show “About Ukraine” contains only illustrations; a suggested text which can be read out by the teacher is included in the notes);
- with more advanced students (A2) the illustrations can be used to elicit more complex spoken language in class, and as a stimulus for written assignments;
- as an introduction to discussions on the culture of Ukraine (either in Ukrainian or English, depending on the students’ competence).